Reasons to have a Bucket List



Bucket Lists are more than just a piece of paper, they set the dynamic for an individual's life. Not many care to use one, others set one up when nearing death, whilst some write one up to use throughout their lives.


Here are a few reasons why I believe having a Bucket List will benefit you:

STEP OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE
Life is scary, more so for some than others. But why should life be scary if you miss out on all the things that are right in front of you? As a girl I was trapped in a small town, not seeing much other than the four walls of my tiny house, but then I escaped. I developed the freedom to spread my wings and experience things I had never seen before. I have always been a natural introvert, but I never let that quiet side of me miss out on life. It's okay to leave your comfort zone, and if it makes you feel better then tick things off your list with a trusting friend. Staying in a comfort zone will only slow you down. Try something new. Don't be afraid.

NEW FOUND CONFIDENCE
Experiencing new opportunities will change you as an individual and shape you as a person. Whilst checking off items on your list you may have the opportunity to meet new people, even if that item is something as small as going to a music festival. You will also gain the confidence to experience new extremes and feel superior to your old self.

MENTALITY
Mental health is a struggle. I, myself, have struggled with insecurities, anxiousness, and felt that maybe life was worthless, but then I wrote a bucket list and motivated myself to do something different. Experiencing new things enables me to meet new people, see the beauty of life for what it is and look forward to the next day. Keeping yourself in the same grey environment for too long would be sure to drive you crazy, but having goals sets changes the way you view everything.

TOO YOUNG TO DO NOTHING
Now I will not stress this enough to my young readers out there. You are too young to do nothing! Growing up I solely focused on my education (which is great) but that in turn limited my ambition and enthusiasm. Then I thought to myself, I'm a kid without adventure. I didn't want that for myself and didn't like the thought of having to grow up without anything good to look back at. You have your whole life to settle down, have your adventure today.

TOO OLD TO GIVE UP ON LIFE
To all my older readers. Please don't give up on life yet. My mother is turning 50 and she is loosing ambition and motivation and it's saddening to think that the older generation believe their time of adventure is up. Whilst you are alive there is so much you can experience. Take the opportunity whilst you can because age is no limitation.

WHY WERE WE PUT ON THIS EARTH?
This is the most important of the list for me. Why were we put on this Earth?  It doesn't matter if you are religious, atheist, agnostic, everyone has their reasons for being alive, but something that we can all share is that life is precious. I'm pretty sure we weren't put on this world to be bored, to be afraid, to not try something new. I believe that the one life we have shouldn't be wasted, we need to make the most of it.


Now, you can either agree with my motivations or ignore it, that is entirely up to you. But the worst thing for me is to see a person with no ambition. Fear of judgement, fear of the unknown, those are things that I personally am afraid of, but I still have my bucket list and somebody to share my journey with. I hope that I can motivate others to create their own journey too.


~ Ella

Comments

  1. Wow absolutely loved reading your blog post- I’m so going to work on a bucket list and hopefully get out of my comfort zone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I hope you'll be able learn more about yourself through doing this too, I definitely did :)

      Delete

Post a Comment